James O. Mills opened his first Mills Restaurant at 165 North High Street in August 1912. It was a self-service, cafeteria style establishment. More restaurants followed. In 1913 one opened at 19 North High, Another at Spring & High in 1915, and the last Columbus location at 77 South High in 1916, and it was the last to close in 1976.
Mills location at 19 North High Street in 1926