Sue Doody, Lindey’s proprietor, opened Lindey’s in 1981 in the historic neighborhood of German Village.

Since it was built in 1884, the building has housed a grocery, two saloons and, in the 1950s, the King’s Rose Garden, a rough-and-tumble neighborhood bar. It became the THE PALMER HAUS in 1979.

Lindenhoff Restaurant corner of Mohawk and Beck streets.
The Rose Garden corner of Mohawk and Beck streets
Inside the Rose Garden

Leave a Reply