Green Gables

Mound & Central- It was the place to go on Fri. & Sat. nights. Up till late 60’s they still had car hops on roller skates! High Schoolers we would go over to watch all the street racers pull in with their cars. Sort of a mini car show every weekend and then they would start pairing off to go out and race. Good Times.

Opened in 1948 and Demolished in 1979

Leave a Reply